Introduction to agile project management and agile software development. This one day course introduces the most common agile methods and compares their advantages and disadvantages with 'traditional' methods.
- Comparing Software Development Projects
- Characteristics of ‘traditional’ methods
- Characteristics of agile methods
- Selection of the most appropriate agile development method: Crystal, FDD, DSDM, XP
- Extreme Programming (XP) practices and examples
- Use of User Stories, Product backlogs, and Sprint backlogs
- Agile Project and Work Management: SCRUM and other project methods
- TDD - Test Driven Development
Participants perform several exercises in teams using the agile practice approach.
The course can be tailored to suit individual corporate client needs.
There is also a two day course where more extensive practical exercises are performed.
Coaching in agile methods is also available. Coaching is a critical success factor in forming and improving agile development teams.